Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day one

Day One - Your Best Friend.

Dear Best Friend.

I've known you since like forever. It's awesome that our parents have met even wayyy before we were born. I love and miss those days where were would just pop into each others house since we were neighbours. How we would play tons of games; board games, those 'batu seremban',  bottle caps ( i still remember we used to get higher levels than guys! ), barbie dolls, dressing ups, hide and seek ( seriously, the house was super small!!!), climbing like spiderman on the door post and tons more. And oh! the time you hide in the refrigerator and close the door when your mum was cleaning it!! How worried everyone was! good times.

Those days are the days I treasure them alot. I'm glad we did spend tons of time even though you moved house. Times where I would try learning to swim, I still can't till today! -.- Times where we would stick up for each other. Times we try sharing the Gospel in primary school, doing some dances we learn at Girls Brigade. Times at Girls Brigade.Times where we would rush for activities like a headless chicken, changing clothes in your dad's van for various classes or just hanging around your house.

Of course there are times where we would bend a few rules. heh. like riding bicycle to places that were off limits, but we were caught by your brother. -.-

Apart from all the good times, we had our share of bad times together. The time where we met a flasher at the playground after school while waiting for your mum. I am thankful that you were there with me. And that you had the courage to scold him and put him to shame! Imagine an eight-year old scolding some sick guy. wow. I'm glad your mum had educated you from young. Without you there, I can't imagine what would had happened to me, or the other children there.

I always admire your boldness in doing things. For standing up for me too, until today! I remembered just last year we were at camp and there was a day where we had to "pay" for our lunch and we shared meals..As I was having sore throat, you told the person in charge to let me eat something else. And the person allowed it!. Later on did we know, it was some kinda test. -.- but still, I felt like I was being saved in a sense.

I admire how your mum had spent that quality time with you and in building you up to who you are today. It's amazing how much time your mum had invested. I bet, her time was not wasted. The values that she has sowed in you, I know deep down, you would do the same for your children someday.

I am grateful that after I had been thru, and not being close with you at a certain point in life, you still choose to be that friend who cares, and never gives up in believing in me. With that, no words can express my gratitude. You, are and always will be that best friend of mine. We did promise to be each others' brides' maid. Let's hope that it'll be someday soon. (:

With all the things and worries we had shared over dinner the other night, I know that somehow, in one way or another, things would work out well. Things are not so simple and easy as it used to be anymore. but thank God, we have each other to help each other in everything.

So here's to many years of friendship to come! love ya!

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment